Nokia Lumia 800: The much awaited Nokia Windows Phone 7 LUMIA 800 / Sea Ray has made its entry in to the world of smart phones giving a tough time for the leading smart phone manufacturers. LUMIA 800 / Sea Ray and LUMIS 710 / Sabre has come with special features.
The Nokia Lumia 800 is available in three shades; Black, Magenta and Cyan. This device comes along with a long variety of interchangeable colours which include yellow, black or white on the front while fuchsia, cyan, white or black can be added as back cover. The Nokia Windows Phone Luma 800 offers free navigation and comes with the latest browser, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (without Flash or Silverlight support ).
Nokia Lumia 800 Key features :
- 3.7″ 16M-color AMOLED
- capacitive touchscreen of 480 x 800 pixel resolution
- Scratch resistant, Gorilla glass display with anti-glare polarizer
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera with dual LED flash, 720p@27fps video recording and fast f/2.2 lens
- Windows Phone 7.5 OS (Mango)
- 1.4GHz Scorpion CPU, Adreno 205 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8255 chipset, 512MB of RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Non-painted polycarbonate unibody, curved screen
- GPS receiver with A-GPS support and free lifetime voice-guided navigation
- Digital compass
- 16GB on-board storage
- Active noise cancellation with a dedicated mic
- Built-in accelerometer and proximity sensor
- microUSB port
- Impressively deep and coherent SNS integration throughout the interface
- No native DivX/XviD support, videos have to be transcoded by Zune
The Nokia Lumia 800 would come with a Clear Black technology exclusively developed by Nokia. This new technology helps users to have good vision on the screen during outdoors.
Powered by a 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, the Nokia Lumia 800 would have 512 MB internal RAM. 16 GB memory would be ideal for storing songs and videos.
For connectivity Nokia Lumia 800 has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a micro-USB port. An 8 mega pixel camera is much suited for indoor and outdoor photos and video shoot.
Thus, Nokia Lumia 800 claims to have a battery backup of atleast 9.5 hours of talk time and around 55 hours of non stop music.
The Nokia Lumia 800 should last for 55 hours of music playback or 7 hours of video. We’ll post our own numbers when the test completes.
The curved sides of the Nokia Lumia 800 make it very comfortable to wrap your hands around it. The polycarbonate shell is pleasant to the touch (though quick to gather fingerprints) and all the controls are easy to reach.
Nokia Lumia 800 drawbacks:
- Display is much dimmer than the N9′s display
- No Flash or Silverlight support in browser
- No USB mass storage (file management and sync pass only through Zune)
- No video calls and no front-facing camera either
- Non-user-replaceable battery
- No memory card slot (and no 64GB version like the N9)
- microSIM card slot
It is not the slimmest Windows Phone, but it makes a claim to be the most beautiful. It measures 116.5 x 61.2 x 12.1 mm. Exactly the same as the N9. And weighs 142g, 7g heavier than its MeeGo counterpart.
There’s not much we can say about the OS. All Windows Phone handsets are evenly matched. But Nokia Lumia 800 stands high with its three proprietary apps, Nokia manages to put the Lumia 800 in a class of its own.
The camera on Nokia Lumia 800 has plenty of potential too – as it is, it’s one of the best shooters in the Windows Phone world and has the potential to get even better with a software update that clears up some of its issues (like the overly eager continuous auto focus).
The curvy polycarbonate shell and Gorilla Glass with smooth, beveled edges give a huge boost to the Nokia Lumia 800 ‘s desirability too. The display is pretty great too, though the somewhat low brightness levels were kind of a disappointment. Still, it’s better than most WP phones out there.
But never forger that Nokia N9 also shares in the great features of the Nokia Lumia 800 and does better than it in some respects. But with a niche OS and intentionally high price tag, mainstream acceptance will probably always remain out of its reach.
If you’re looking at the Nokia Lumia 800, then you’ve probably decided against an iPhone or an Android smartphone. You want in on Windows Phone and that’s that – and the 800 is a good point. The OS has matured, the Marketplace has grown.
Income Search Terms:
- nokia lumia 800 disadvantages
- nokia lumia 800 advantages and disadvantages
- nokia lumia disadvantages
- lumia 800 disadvantages
- nokia lumia 800 advantages
- disadvantage of lumia 800
- ADVANTAGES OF NOKIA LUMIA 800
- disadvantages of nokia lumia 800
- disadvantage of nokia lumia 800
- advantages and disadvantages of nokia lumia 800